As computing continues to permeate our lives, Lasting Encounters is a way of designing experiences that last beyond the first encounter. It explores the long lasting effect of experience on how we see the world and act in it as either individuals, communities or crowds.
- Boon, M.J.B., Rozendaal, M.C., Stappers, P.J. (2015). Playscapes as a design perspective on children’s physical play and wellbeing. Conference: CHI2015 workshop: Supporting Children to Engage in Play for Wellbeing.
- Calvi L., Vermeeren A.P.O.S. (2015) DIY Platform for Innovative Small Museum Experiences. Workshop Cultural Heritage Communities: Technologies & Challenges at Conference Communities & Technologies 2015, June 28, 2015, Limerick, Ireland.
Giaccardi, E. (2012) Heritage and social media: Understanding heritage in a participatory culture, London: Routledge.
- Giaccardi, E. and Plate, L. (2016) How Memory Comes to Matter: From Social Media to the Internet of Things, in L. Munteán, L. Plate, A. Smelik (eds) Things to Remember: Materializing Memories in Art and Popular Culture, Palgrave Macmillan (forthcoming, available upon request).
- Li J., Vermeeren A.P.O.S., de Ridder H. (2014) Designerly Ways of Exploring Crowds. International Journal of Cultural and Creative Industries, vol. 2, nr. 1. pp. 4-17, ISSN: 2311-9527.
- Li, J. Cai, R., de Ridder, H., Vermeeren, A.P.O.S., van Egmond, R. (2014). A Study on Relation between Crowd Emotional Feelings and Action Tendencies. In NordiCHI ’14 Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Fun, Fast and Foundational (pp. 775-784). New York: ACM.
- Rozendaal, M., van der Helm, A., Aprile, W., Vermeeren, A., Bekker, T., Kanis, M., & Middendorf, W. (2012). Designing Persuasive Interactive Environments. In Ambient Intelligence (pp. 455-456). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Rozendaal, M., Vermeeren, A., Bekker, T., & de Ridder, H. (2011). A research framework for playful persuasion based on psychological needs and bodily interaction. In Human Behavior Understanding (pp. 116-123). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Vermeeren, APOS, Beusekom, J van, Rozendaal, MC & Giaccardi, E (2014). Design for complex persuasive experiences: Helping parents of hospitalized children take care of themselves. In R Wakkary & S Harrison (Eds.), DIS 2014, Proceedings of the 2014 conference on designing interactive systems (pp. 335-344). New York: ACM.